As our current secretary now has more than a full-time job to cope with, she would like to hand over the Heritage Group “portfolio” to someone else. It’s not a lot of work and it’s quite informal. There are only 2 other committee members, the chairperson and the treasurer, so they could really do with help. The Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 1st April 2014 would be a really good opportunity for a hand-over.
What would you need to do?
- attend and take minutes at no more than 4 short committee meetings per year
- maintain the list of group supporters’ contact details
- book Village Hall for meetings
- send out advance notice of meetings by email
- distribute posters occasionally
- contact speakers to arrange programme of talks (about 6 between September and March)
- use a computer and have access to the internet for email (a Microsoft Surface tablet is available for the secretary’s use)
- sign a few cheques
- take minutes for the AGM
- It could be a job-share, or it could be for only part of the year.
Volunteers or nominees will be welcomed with open arms. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or would like to talk about it .