Tuesday 30th October is the date of West Deeping Heritage Group’s next meeting – not just a talk but a performance too!
Matt Simons has been studying for his doctorate at De Montfort University, Leicester. His illustrated talk will provide a brief overview of the history of morris dancing in England, as well as an explanation of the various associated performances termed as ‘morris’.
To demonstrate, members of Peterborough Morris will perform a vignette of dances from Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire.
- In the Village Hall, King Street, West Deeping.
- Refreshments are available from 7 p.m. for a 7.30 p.m. start.
- Everybody is welcome; there is no membership subscription.
- Admission is £2.50 at the door.
- Car parking is available behind the Village Hall but drivers should be aware that the entrance is narrow. Alternative parking may be available at The Red Lion Public House, opposite the Village Hall.