“I can do it” is actually the title of Jackie Searl’s talk which follows West Deeping Heritage Group’s Annual General Meeting , on Wednesday evening – 29th May 2019, from 7 pm for a 7.30 pm start, at the Village Hall in King Street, West Deeping. (Refreshments as usual, but no entry charge for this meeting.)
Jackie will be picking out some of the highlights of her Open University course in History. She might inspire you to have a go and take your interest in history and heritage a bit further.
West Deeping Heritage Group’s committee members really hope you might say “I can do it” too!
We hope you will support the group by coming along to the AGM, hear how the last year has gone and perhaps be inspired to help run the group in the future. Maggie Ashcroft, Liz Noble and Allan Crowson have been doing so for nine years and could really do with some fresh ideas and new energy!
- Committee members to help to arrange talks and plan projects
- Someone to help with refreshments at our talks
- Volunteers to help with village archives
If you would like to help but cannot come to the meeting, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
West Deeping Heritage Group will be meeting on Tuesday 19th April 2016 for the Annual General Meeting, at 7.30 p.m. in West Deeping Village Hall. The Agenda includes the usual round-up of the year’s activities and finances as well as a special item – to propose a couple of amendments to the original Constitution.
We will try our best to deal with the business as briefly as possible!
This will be followed by: Delving into village archives – an informal, participative session to look at some of the group’s collection – old photographs, property deeds, Parish Council minutes, the village undertaker’s account book and more. Here are some examples:
Plan of the gardens shared by 30 and 32 King Street dated 1923
Mr Ackland’s Ledger 1927 to 1960
Aerial photo of the corner of The Lane and King Street taken in the early 1970s?
If anyone has a particular interest or a query that might be answered from the collection, please contact Maggie Ashcroft before the meeting. Bring your own village or family archives if you have them!
As our current secretary now has more than a full-time job to cope with, she would like to hand over the Heritage Group “portfolio” to someone else. It’s not a lot of work and it’s quite informal. There are only 2 other committee members, the chairperson and the treasurer, so they could really do with help. The Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 1st April 2014 would be a really good opportunity for a hand-over.
What would you need to do?
- attend and take minutes at no more than 4 short committee meetings per year
- maintain the list of group supporters’ contact details
- book Village Hall for meetings
- send out advance notice of meetings by email
- distribute posters occasionally
- contact speakers to arrange programme of talks (about 6 between September and March)
- use a computer and have access to the internet for email (a Microsoft Surface tablet is available for the secretary’s use)
- sign a few cheques
- take minutes for the AGM
- It could be a job-share, or it could be for only part of the year.
Volunteers or nominees will be welcomed with open arms. Please email email@example.com if you are interested or would like to talk about it .