West Deeping Heritage Group will be meeting on Tuesday 19th April 2016 for the Annual General Meeting, at 7.30 p.m. in West Deeping Village Hall. The Agenda includes the usual round-up of the year’s activities and finances as well as a special item – to propose a couple of amendments to the original Constitution.
We will try our best to deal with the business as briefly as possible!
This will be followed by: Delving into village archives – an informal, participative session to look at some of the group’s collection – old photographs, property deeds, Parish Council minutes, the village undertaker’s account book and more. Here are some examples:
Aerial photo of the corner of The Lane and King Street taken in the early 1970s?
Plan of the gardens shared by 30 and 32 King Street dated 1923
Mr Ackland’s Ledger 1927 to 1960
If anyone has a particular interest or a query that might be answered from the collection, please contact Maggie Ashcroft before the meeting. Bring your own village or family archives if you have them!
As our current secretary now has more than a full-time job to cope with, she would like to hand over the Heritage Group “portfolio” to someone else. It’s not a lot of work and it’s quite informal. There are only 2 other committee members, the chairperson and the treasurer, so they could really do with help. The Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 1st April 2014 would be a really good opportunity for a hand-over.
What would you need to do?
- attend and take minutes at no more than 4 short committee meetings per year
- maintain the list of group supporters’ contact details
- book Village Hall for meetings
- send out advance notice of meetings by email
- distribute posters occasionally
- contact speakers to arrange programme of talks (about 6 between September and March)
- use a computer and have access to the internet for email (a Microsoft Surface tablet is available for the secretary’s use)
- sign a few cheques
- take minutes for the AGM
- It could be a job-share, or it could be for only part of the year.
Volunteers or nominees will be welcomed with open arms. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or would like to talk about it .